We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Update Notes January 17th 2017
- 1 Update Notes January 17th 2017
- 1.1 New Freelancer: Brynn, The Sky Warden!
- 1.2 Fully Free-to-Play
- 1.3 Season 2
- 1.4 Ranked Season 1 has ended, so check out your Prestige rewards!
- 1.5 New Tutorial
- 1.6 All-Random Game Mode
- 1.7 General
- 1.8 Balance
- 1.8.1 Supports
- 1.8.2 Frontline
- 1.8.3 Firepower
- 1.9 Known Bugs
- 2 Hotfix January 18th 2017
- 3 Hotfix January 20th 2017
Update Notes January 17th 2017[edit | edit source]
New Freelancer: Brynn, The Sky Warden![edit | edit source]
- It is said that of the great warrior dynasties that once reigned in Hyperion, Brynn’s was the finest. Her ancestry was full of generals, commanders, and lords who ruled over the city with a radamantium fist. When the Hyperion Reactor fell in 2435, her people guided thousands across the Waste to Atlas and helped established the new Trust rule by forming Warbotics.
- Some suggest that Brynn’s latest foray into Freelancing may be related to the dissolution of Warbotics after their defeat in the Trust War. Family pride and loyalty run deep in her history. And, as any descendent of Hyperion knows, wars don’t end until the blood runs dry.
- Brynn is a fearsome warrior who wields a lance and shield with unmatched expertise. She can use her shield for offense and defense – while always keeping enemies in line with her lance.
Fully Free-to-Play[edit | edit source]
- Players can now purchase individual Freelancers for Flux or real money. Flux is a new currency that can be earned through gameplay. It is used to purchase Freelancers, Master skins, and Mod Tokens (with Loadout slots coming soon).
Players that have already purchased the game will receive a reward pack consisting of:
- 50,000 Flux
- 5,000 ISO
- An exclusive Overcon
- An exclusive Emblem
- An exclusive Title
- 5 holiday loot matrices
- 5 holo-haunt loot matrices
All players can now participate in ranked, providing they own 10 Freelancers and have played 50 PvP games.
Season 2[edit | edit source]
- With the fall of Warbotics in Season 1, Helio has stepped forward to fill the void.
- With Helio taking full credit for the Reactor’s miraculous resurrection last December, he will be in charge of the next new Trust of Atlas.
- Will you support “Helio United”, a Trust vetted and approved by Omni and EvoS, or “Helio Corps”, a Trust comprised primarily of Helio’s purported friends?
Ranked Season 1 has ended, so check out your Prestige rewards![edit | edit source]
- Bronze - 500
- Silver - 1000
- Gold - 2500
- Plat - 4000
- Diamond - 5000
- Master/Contender - 7500
You can also purchase Golden VFX swaps in the collection for Prestige Points.
For people who achieved contender status in Season One, you will get an additional title as well.
Ranked Season 2 will start in two weeks – more details coming soon!
We will also be introducing a new emblem that will always show the tier you received in the last finished season. So if your HIGHEST RANK ACHIEVED was Gold in Season One, this emblem will show the Gold icon during Season Two, and then if you got Plat in Season Two, the emblem will switch to the Plat icon for Season Three.
In a coming hotfix, anyone who participated in Ranked will get a Season One emblem and overcon and title. A tinted version of the emblem and overcon will be given to players whose HIGHEST RANK ACHIEVED is Plat V or above.
New Tutorial[edit | edit source]
- Ever the tinkerer, Zuki has re-engineered the tutorial experience to make it better show off the -gameplay of Atlas Reactor.
- Players will learn the basics on Flyway Freighter, participating in real combat scenarios.
- New players should be much better equipped to take on the veterans now!
All-Random Game Mode[edit | edit source]
- A new temporary game mode has been added!
- Queue up and all players will be given a Random Freelancer to play in deathmatch.
- Can you be the most versatile Freelancer?
- Extraction mode has been removed from custom games
General[edit | edit source]
- Queue XP Bonus enabled.
- You will now receive bonus XP at the end of a match based on the time you waited in queue for that match.
- Fix for the explosion on Phaedra's Juggernaut not always hitting the targets it should.
- Fresh game installations should take a few hundred MB less on disk. We've increased the compression on some of our newer textures.
- Fixed a bug with Razer keyboards in which the lighting-up of the ability hotkeys would be wrong If you had changed your keybinds from the default.
- Group invite pop-ups will now only last 30 seconds, and the inviter will be notified when the offer times out.
- Improved the tooltip system to fix issues where they would sometimes display off the screen.
- Fixed a performance issue that could occur for players with very long friends lists when the friends list is updated.
Balance[edit | edit source]
Supports[edit | edit source]
Aurora[edit | edit source]
Aurora is a little too easy to be successful with right now. Primarily, these nerfs are to overwhelmingly popular (and successful) mods.
- Maximum health reduced from 160 to 155
- Shock Therapy
- Vain Mod - Self heal reduced from 5 to 4.
- Ion Cloud
- Invigorating Cloud - Healing reduced from 8 to 6
- Healing Flare
- Surging Flare Mod - Additional healing reduced from 10 to 8.
- Heart of the Storm
- Damage and healing reduced from 24 to 22
- Focused Radiance Mod - Additional damage and healing reduced from 8 to 6.
Helio[edit | edit source]
Helio’s combo was too swingy and has been adjusted. Scramble has been removed from Disruption Matrix and Weak added. Damage has been increased by 25%. Several mods have been adjusted to accommodate this change.
- Echo Hammer
- Now chains to up to 3 targets baseline.
- Energy Conduit Mod - Has been removed.
- High Amplitude Mod - Has been removed
- Reverberation Mod - Increased point cost from 2 to 3.
- Sledge Mod - Decreased point cost from 3 to 2.
- New 2 point Mod: Defensive Conduit - Each target hit grants 2 shielding on the recipient of Black Hole Generator. Stacks with multiple hits, up to a max of 10.
- New 1 point Mod: Magnetized - Chains can target invisible enemies.
- Blast Shield
- Increased shield amount from 28 to 30.
- Black Hole Generator
- Gravity Well Mod - No longer causes weak, now causes slow next turn. Disruption Matrix
- No longer causes scramble, now causes weak.
- Damage increased from 20 to 25.
- Gravity Warp Mod - No longer causes weak, now causes slow next turn.
Quark[edit | edit source]
Quark’s self-recover has been improved slightly, along with his dash. His max health has been reduced to compensate. We still want Quark to be susceptible to burst, and will be keeping a close eye on the situation.
- Maximum health reduced from 150 to 145
- New passive functionality - Gain 3 healing per turn for each bond attached.
- Gamma Ray
- Anti-Matter Mod - Reduce damage from 10 to 8. Radiate - Gene Therapy Mod - No longer grants self healing. Gain 1 additional energy per turn for each active bond.
- Quantum Collision
- Targeting range decreased by 1
- Increase landing zone size by 1.
- Orbit Mod - No longer increases landing zone size. Now increases targeting range by 1.
Orion[edit | edit source]
Orion has managed to carve a role for himself with his unique play style, but needs a boost in survivability to perform as well as the other supports.
- Maxmium health increased from 160 to 170.
- Quantum Core
- New 2 point mod: Bow Down - Slow enemies hit until end of turn
- Cosmic Flare
- Gain unstoppable until end of turn.
- Healing increased from 25 to 30.
Dr.Finn[edit | edit source]
Finn was being caught like a fish out of water, so we put him back in the tank.
- Maximum health increased from 160 to 165.
- Refreshing Spray
- Self Fish Mod - No longer reduces the size of the arc. Now reduces self healing from 24 to 20.
- Electrifying Eeels
- Decrease the range that eels can jump from one target to another from 5 to 4.
- Increase number of times eels jump from 1 to 2.
- Damage increased from 22 to 24.
- Energy gain decreased from 8 to 6.
- That Magic Eeling Mod - No longer increases the number of times the eels jump. Now increases the range of the jump by 1.
- That’s a Moray Mod - Can now directly target allies. No longer grants might.
- Can no longer be targeted over walls.
- Leech Infestation Mod - Mod cost increased from 2 to 3.
- Grand Finn-ale Mod - Mod cost decreased from 3 to 2.
Frontline[edit | edit source]
Asana[edit | edit source]
Asana was dealing too much damage for a frontliner, specifically due to mods which let her abilities hit extra targets. We’re tuning down the damage on these extra target mods across all characters.
- Whirling Blade
- Leech Blade Mod - Heal reduced from 5 to 4.
- Rebounding Charge
- Vault Mod - Damage on the second target is reduced from 25 to 12.
- Stand and Fight
- Skewer Mod - Damage on the second target is reduced from 24 to 12.
- Decreased energy gain from 8 to 6.
Garrison[edit | edit source]
Small tweaks to Garrison. We changed the template on his ult. We like unique templates, but the one on Garrison’s ult proved to be underwhelming.
- Missile Barrage
- Now deals indirect damage instead of direct damage.
- Heavy Metal
- In Pursuit Mod - Reduced the duration of haste from 2 turns to 1
- Now deals damage in a 4x4 area.
Rask[edit | edit source]
My body rebuilds!
- Maximum health increased from 185 to 190.
- Energy gain from taking damage increased from 15% to 20%.
- Uncontrollable Fury
- Bristled Fur Mod - Now heals for 10 instead of shielding for 10. Renamed to Rejuvenating Rage.
Titus[edit | edit source]
Titus is in a good spot, but his pierce dagger was overperforming just like the other pierce mods.
- Berserker Charge
- Cleaver Mod - Mod cost decreased from 3 to 1.
- Dirty Fighting
- Puncture Mod - Damage on the second target is reduced from 25 to 12.
Rampart[edit | edit source]
I think Rampart is more concerned with the fall of Warbotics than this little nerf.
- Fusion Lance
- Radamantium Tipped Blade Mod - Damage on the second target is reduced from 25 to 12.
Firepower[edit | edit source]
Grey[edit | edit source]
We are bringing some of Grey’s mods in line with other Freelancers. Her drone energy gain was also a bit high for its size and duration.
- Tracer Bolt
- Barbed Tip Mod - Reduced energy gain from 4 to 3.
- Hunt Them Down - Reduce damage from 4 to 3.
- Hawk Drone
- Energy reduced from 5 to 4
Lockwood[edit | edit source]
Lockwood is looking for a bit more of a challenge.
- Trick Shot
- Damage reduced from 34 to 32
Nix[edit | edit source]
Nix is outperforming a lot of firepowers. This small nerf is intended to limit his spikes in energy and mobility somewhat.
- High-Energy Rounds Mod - Reduced energy gain from 4 to 3.
- Stalker Suit
- Electromagnetic Aid Mod - Reduced duration from 2 turns to until end of turn.
- Disengage Mod - Reduced duration from 2 turns to until end of turn.
Zuki[edit | edit source]
Zuki is all about damage potential, but Mighted Sticky Bombs pays out a little too well. We also wanted other mods on Rocket Jump to be considered.
- Sticky Bomb
- Damage reduced from 30 to 26
- Restrictive Glue Mod renamed to Shell Shocked
- Rocket Jump
- Something Extra mod - Mod cost increased from 2 to 3
- Booster Jet Mod - Energy gain removed, now grants energized until end of next turn.
Oz[edit | edit source]
Oz buffs from a while back put him in a really competitive spot, but his damage output needs a bit of a shave.
- Phaser Laser
- Potent Phasers Mod - Damage reduced from 4 to 3.
- Divide and Conquer Mod - Damage reduced from 4 to 3.
- Photon Spray
- Energy gain lowered from 8 to 7.
- Zap Trap
- Damage reduced from 25 to 24
- Dance Floor Mod - Damage reduced from 5 to 4.
Elle[edit | edit source]
We wanted Elle to feel more rewarded for hitting multiple enemies, rather than punished when only hitting one.
- Plasma Volley
- Energy generation increased from 6 to 8.
Blackburn[edit | edit source]
Blackburn’s survivability is more limited than he lets on. This change should give him more options.
- Base range increased by 1
Celeste[edit | edit source]
Celeste’s energy gain and resultant ult damage was a little oppressive.
- Strong Arm
- For the Rush Mod - Decreased energy gain from 2 to 1.
- Proximo Charge
- Contingency Plan Mod - Instead of 12 energy on cast now grants 6 energy on cast and 6 energy on hit.
- Smoke Bombs
- Fog Cover Mod – Damage reduction is now 5, instead of 3.
- Assault and Battery mod - Mod cost increased from 2 to 3. No longer default.
- Second Story Job Mod - Decreased range from 2 to 1. Mod cost decreased from 3 to 2. Now the default mod.
Juno[edit | edit source]
Now Juno should be able to have more fun with her ult combo, and be less reliant on Shield Battery. We are working on some quality of life improvements to the ultimate, but that tech isn’t ready quite yet.
- Maximum health increased from 140 to 150.
- Riot Shield
- Overcharge Mod - Instead of 1 energy per 8 damage taken now gives 1 energy per 5 damage taken.
- Hold the Line Mod - Mod cost decreased from 3 to 2.
- Shield Battery Mod - Mod cost increased from 2 to 3.
- Lay Down the Law
- Initial width is reduced from 1.5 to 1
- Damage is increased from 35 to 38.
Kaigin[edit | edit source]
Kaigin is getting a boost to his first turn damage and ability to keep marks on targets.
- Twisting Blades
- Increased damage from 30/15 to 32/16
- Focused Assault Mod - Damage decreased from 5 to 4.
- Razor Tempest
- Cooldown decreased from 2 to 1.
- Void Strike
- Increased damage from 30 to 32
- Deathmark Mod - damage reduced from 5 to 4
Known Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Juno is disabled as there is a problem were the game can stop reponding if she is in a match.
Hotfix January 18th 2017[edit | edit source]
- Fixed a hang caused by Juno. She is now re-enabled!
- Fixed a rare hang that could occur on the Skyway map.
- The All-Random Game Mode is no longer selected by default. It has been re-enabled.
- Fixed an issue with Helio’s shield tooltip that could show the incorrect numbers.
- Fixed an issue where the loading screen for tutorial could be missing the text.
- Fixed some localization errors.
Hotfix January 20th 2017[edit | edit source]
- We're disabling Ranked queues to prepare for the S2 Ranked changes coming on January 31st!
- Brynn can now sprint when Aegis is the only ability used
- Fixed an issue where Brynn’s shield VFX could disappear after a taunt
- Fixed an issue where the initial challenge was not counting towards the “Complete 3 challenge missions” mission
- Free players can now create Custom Games
- Phaedra’s damage preview will now show correct numbers when bugs are on the target
- Daily missions should now display the correct amount of flux
- Fixed an issue when selecting emojis from the menu
- Fixed a visual issue with the Helio Trust display
- Fixed a visual issue when leveling up for the first time
- Fixed a few localization issues